Oversee, review, and adhere to the budgets for each council department
- Assist in budgetary planning.
- Ensure that all of the council’s financial practices are in line with statutory regulations and legislation.
- Analyse the financial climate and market trends to assist senior executives in creating strategic plans for the future.
- Interpret complex financial information and provide updates and information as needed.
- Monitor cash flow, accounts, and other financial transactions.
- Supervise financial assistants and other employees in the facilitation of day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing etc.
- Prepare financial reports on a monthly and annual basis.
- Seek out methods and practices to minimise financial risk.
- Contract auditing services to ensure financial monitoring is up-to-date.
- Update and implement financial policies and procedures.
- Maintain a policy manual for the finance department.
- Work with human resources employees to secure candidates who will be an asset to the finance department
- Establish and implement a training program for new finance employees.
- To raise funds for Chitungwiza Municipality in implementing various urban development projects in order to support development with effective financing and sustaining financing with effectual development.
- To reshape operational structure through introduction of business management concepts and various initiatives to increase overall flexibility and efficiency in response to challenges.
- Improve debt management and the overall financial efficiency of Chitungwiza Municipality.
- Continue planning municipal land development projects to facilitate local expansion.
- Achieve efficient use of municipal property through active restoration of idle or underutilized municipal buildings.
Key Result Areas
- Resource mobilization and distribution
- Budgeting and budgetary control
- Sound Local Governance
- Increase revenue collection efficiency from 37% to 85% by 31 December 2018.
- Increase adherence to budgeting and budgetary control from 55% to 100% by 31 December 2018.
- Improve procurement efficiency from 60% to 95% by 31 December 2018.
- Improve asset management system from 50% to 100% by 31 December 2018.
- Increase adherence to Sound Local Governance from 50% to 100% by 31 December 2018